The NovaStar MX20 is an all-in-one LED display controller in the brand-new control system COEX series of NovaStar. This controller integrates video processing and video control into one box and offers 2x HDMI 1.3, 1x 3G-SDI input connectors, 6x Ethernet output ports, and 2x 10G optical ports. It can also work with the brand-new software VMP (Vision Management Platform) to provide a better operation and control experience.
Inputs and Outputs
- 2 types of inputs
– 2x HDMI 1.3 (with loop through)
– 1x 3G-SDI (with loop through)
- 10-bit and 8-bit video inputs
- 3 types of outputs
– 6x Gigabit Ethernet ports, load capacity up to 3.9 million pixels
– 2x 10G optical ports
– 1x SPDIF digital audio port
- 3 types of controls
– 1x Genlock signal input (with loop through)
– 2x Ethernet control ports
– 1x Auxiliary port
- 3 independent layers
Support up to 3 layers and layer priority adjustment in Z order.
- Image scaling
Support 4 image scaling modes: custom, pixel to pixel, snap to canvas and fill screen.
- 14Ch Color Correction
Support precise adjustment to hue, saturation and brightness of black, white and the 12 derived standard colors of the red, green and blue primary colors.
- Full-Grayscale Calibration
Work with NovaStar’s high-precision calibration system and the C3200 scientific grade camera to generate unique calibration coefficients for each grayscale, ensuring uniformity of each grayscale and dramatically improving the image quality.
– Support low latency and the controller load capacity is not reduced. The latency at the controller is 0 frame (less than 1 ms) in SendOnly Controller working mode and 1 frame in AllIn-One Controller working mode.
– Support additional latency. Zero to two frames of latency can be added at the controller.
- No rectangle restriction
No rectangle restriction for irregular screens. This means when calculating resolutions, blank pixels do not count towards the total capacity. The used load capacity of Ethernet ports is the sum of the resolutions of all cabinets.
- Frame Rate Adaptive
The controller can be adaptive to various video input frame rates, including decimal frame rates. Custom frame rates are also supported and the step size of fine tuning frame rate is as small as 0.01 Hz.
- Two working modes
Support the All-In-One Controller and Send-Only Controller working modes.
– In the Send-Only Controller mode, the latency can be reduced by one frame.
– In the All-In-One Controller mode, the layer and scaling functions are available.
- Display system monitoring
Support monitoring of the device status and screen status. Any fault and alarm information can be reported actively.
- VMP software control
The device can be connected to the VMP software to provide easy and convenient operations and smart device management.
- SNMP and Art-Net protocols supported
- Cascading control via Ethernet
The Gigabit Ethernet control ports support TCP/IP protocol and star topology. No switch or router is needed to deploy multiple devices on the same LAN via device cascading as the network switching function is already built in.